Your WBA is offering members free access to a Poynter educational session titled “Battling Bias.”
The session is online on Dec. 8 at 11 a.m. CT. You can learn more and sign up here.
Here’s what you will learn:
- Where do our biases come from?
- How do we recognize our own biases?
- Eight kinds of biases that can influence our journalism (these don’t make you a bad person, they mean you are normal)
- How biases influence who is in and out of our coverage
- How you can find new voices that will give you new insights, even on deadline
- How biases even show up in our Google searches
- The MOST likely place your biases might show up in a carefully crafted story