Your WBA is offering members free access to a Poynter educational session titled “Fighting Fakes and Truth Decay.”
The session is online on Jan. 4 at 11 a.m. CT. You can learn more and sign up here.
Here’s what you will learn:
- Where does information come from and who is behind it?
- Why do people spread disinformation?
- How can you detect fake photos?
- What is metadata and what will it tell you?
- What does every journalist need to understand about algorithms?
- See the newest tools fakers use to alter video and audio.
- How to use polysearch tools to get to the root of an images’ origin.