A free member-only WBA webinar coming up next week will teach journalists strategies for defending themselves against accusations of fake news, including what to ask yourself when evaluating information and methods for identifying fake content on social media.
Al Tompkins from the Poynter Institute will host the webinar Oct. 11 at 1 p.m. CT.
Here’s what you will learn:
- The four key questions to ask to evaluate information
- How to detect fake documents, photos and social media posts
- Fighting unintended bias in the words and images we choose
- How fakers generate credible content
- The surprising truth about “crisis actors” and “fake flag” attacks
- The dark web and online back alleys where fakers fake