Poynter is offering an intensive two-day workshop in St. Petersburg, Florida, focused on understanding the causes and consequences of local jail incarceration and explore ways that communities are addressing the issue.
The deadline to apply is April 22.
- Deeply report stories about your local jail, including who’s in jail and why
- Explore efforts nationwide to reform policing and justice systems
- Generate solid story ideas based on new data and trends in local jails
- Understand the effects of your reporting on formerly incarcerated people
- Consider new and diverse sources for your reporting
- Surface meaningful solutions in your community