A Poynter webinar held this week about battling bias is now available for viewing for WBA members.
You can find the recording here.
The session explores:
- Where do our biases come from?
- How do we recognize our own biases?
- Eight kinds of biases that can influence our journalism (these don’t make you a bad person, they mean you are normal)
- How biases influence who is in and out of our coverage
- How you can find new voices that will give you new insights, even on deadline
- How biases even show up in our Google searches
- The MOST likely place your biases might show up in a carefully crafted story
Be sure to register for our next Poynter webinar “Fighting Fakes and Truth Decay” on Jan. 4 from 11 a.m. – noon CT. More information is available here.