Results Broadcasting has established a $1,000 Education Debt Assistance Grant to help broadcasters pay off their student loans. This grant is available to individuals currently employed in Wisconsin broadcasting or related media.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be currently employed at a Wisconsin broadcast radio, television or related media company
- Must have completed a minimum of one year employment with a Wisconsin broadcast radio station, television station, or related media company
- Company must be a dues paying member of the Wisconsin Broadcasters Association
- Must submit a letter of support from the current employer signed by the local manager
- Must provide proof of attendance at a university, college, technical school or broadcast school by supplying a copy of transcripts or degree certificate
- Must provide proof of current loan balance (documentation will remain confidential)
Applications will be accepted Jan. 1 through Feb. 28, 2021. The grant will be awarded at the WBA Summer Conference.
A morning producer at WTMJ-AM in Milwaukee, Rachel Frye, was the recipient of the first ever Results Broadcasting Education Grant last year.
For more information and to apply, visit wbafoundation.org.