Four past and current Wisconsin Broadcasters are among eight being inducted into the Milwaukee Press Club Hall of Fame this fall.
The 2019 inductees to the Media Hall of Fame are:
- Alan J. Borsuk, Milwaukee Journal, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Marquette Law School
- Meg Kissinger, Milwaukee Journal, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Everett L. Marshburn, Milwaukee PBS
- Sharon McGowan, Milwaukee Neighborhood News Service
- Larry Meiller, Wisconsin Public Radio
- Kathy Mykleby, WISN Channel 12
- Dan Shelley, WTMJ-AM, CBS at Radio Once, Urban One at iHeart, RTDNA (Radio Television Digital News Association)
- Tim Cuprisin, (deceased), Milwaukee Journal, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
“This year’s group of inductees made, in their own unique ways, immeasurable contributions to local journalism,” said Gene Mueller, press club president and host of Wisconsin’s Morning News on WTMJ Radio 620. “They helped to inform and educate their readers, listeners and viewers while making our community a better place, all while helping to inspire a new generation to follow their professional example.”
The Hall of Fame induction will be held Nov. 1 in the Woodland Dreams Ballroom at Potawatomi Hotel & Casino. There will be a reception at 5:30 p.m. and dinner at 6:30 p.m., with the induction ceremony immediately after dinner. Registration is $75 per person; tables of eight are available for $580; corporate table sponsor $750 (includes a table of 8 and recognition at the event).
For additional information about the Milwaukee Press Club and previous inductees to the Media Hall of Fame, visit www.milwaukeepressclub.org and click on “Honors”.